Subaru Wilderness™ Adventure takes a new form.
A new kind of Subaru is here. A Subaru that can take you farther, equipped and upgraded for your wildest adventures. Every Wilderness model is specifically engineered for off-road exploring with upgrades to its ground clearance, drivetrain, and all-terrain capabilities, along with rugged exterior styling and a high-tech cabin that’s as comfortable as it is practical. Because it’s a Subaru, you can trust it to get you places you never could reach before – and to bring you safely back home.
Adventurous Capability Extensive all-terrain upgrades and trail-ready tuning can take you farther than you've ever gone before.
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive provides traction in all kinds of weather and trail conditions.
- 9 inches (or more) of ground clearance puts you above rough terrain and a standard front skid plate gives extra protection against obstacles.
- All-terrain tires for improved performance on mud, snow, gravel, and other surfaces.
- Enhanced dual-function X-MODE® with settings for Snow/Dirt and Deep Snow/Mud.
- Revised gear ratios for improved low-speed climbing power.
- Redesigned bumpers with improved approach and departure angles for steeper climbing and avoiding larger obstacles, and a re-tuned suspension to handle even tougher trails.
- Durable, water-resistant StarTex® upholstery stands up to the elements.
- Upgraded roof rails can carry more cargo weight – or even support a rooftop tent.
- Rear seats feature protective seatback material and fold down to haul any combination of passengers, pets, and gear.
Rugged Style Tough, functional design gives protection on rough terrain and stands out at the trailhead.
- Tough exterior cladding combines functional protection with an aggressive look.
- Matte black alloy wheels are ready for off-road adventure.
- Glare-reducing hood decal makes it easier to see obstacles ahead.
- Black exterior trim is set off with eye-catching Anodized Copper finish accents.
- Subaru Wilderness badges on the exterior and inside the cabin.
- LED interior and cargo-area lighting makes it easy to look through maps and gear.
- Available Geyser Blue exterior paint for a bold design statement exclusive to Subaru Wilderness models.
Trusted On and Off the Trail Legendarily safe and durable, a Subaru vehicle is equipment you can depend on in the backcountry.
- Subaru leads the industry in longevity, with 96% of vehicles sold in the last 10 years still on the road today.
- Subaru is a six-time Best Performance Brand winner, according to Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com.
The Subaru Wilderness Lineup
The 2023 Forester Wilderness.
Explore deeper into the backcountry with the 2023 Forester Wilderness. Equipped with increased ground clearance, even more all-terrain capability, and a design that’s bold and protective at the same time, the Forester Wilderness lets you push your adventures further.
The 2023 Outback Wilderness.
The first member of the Wilderness family pushes the capability and versatility of the legendary Outback even further. Re-engineered inside and out, it features more ground clearance, more off-road upgrades, and more rugged style. Discover the untamed origin of the entire Wilderness lineup.
1 Based on Experian Automotive non-luxury vehicles in operation vs. total new registrations for MY2012-2021 as of December 2021
2 The 2022 TOP SAFETY PICK+ award applies to the 2022 Subaru Ascent, 2022 Subaru BRZ when equipped with optional EyeSight®, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, 2022 Subaru Forester, 2022 Subaru Legacy, and 2022 Subaru Outback.
3 2015-2017, 2020-2022 Kelley Blue Book Brand Image Awards are based on the Brand Watch™ study from Kelley Blue Book. Award calculated among non-luxury shoppers. For more information, visit www.kbb.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.